From St. Francis to Fort Lauderdale he lovely Vingilótë traveled 7,468.7 nm, and achieved highs of 229 nm in 24 hours, 1,509 nm in 7 days, a maximum of 23.7 kts, and confidently handled 43.1 kts wind speed, 4+ meter swells, ugly chop and following seas. She is fast, and is ridiculously solidly built: she doesn’t flex. The combination of the two makes waves hitting her at times sound like cannon shots!
- St. Francis to Hout Bay to Cape Town: 450 nm.
- Cape Town to Saint Helena: 1,797 nm, 7.4 kts average, 20.3 kts maximum.
- Saint Helena to Fernando de Noronha: 1,773 nm, 7.3 kts average, 16.4 kts maximum.
- Fernando de Noronha to Barbados: 1,971.9 nm, 9.1 kts average, 23.7 kts maximum.
- Barbados to Fort Lauderdale: 1476.8 nm, 8.4 kts average, 22 kts maximum.